Lost and Found

Found old Arky hiding in plain site, much to my relief. I dug and dug and dug through the stacks of books on my desk, under my desk, on the 'fume cabinet, in the 'fume cabinet, in, on and around the armoir, in the pile next to the computer, the pile under the computer ~ everywhere! So I thought. But there he was, sitting on the BOOKSHELF snuggling with last year's L'Artisan Parfum catalog and cuddled by a 1939 copy of Cupid's Book.

He seemed quite pleased with himself.

Worked tirelessly yesterday, but, boy, am I tired today! Didn't really get much done in the way of making space -- well, maybe just a bit, but it is slow going. This project is much larger than I had originally thought, but then again, all my help seems to disappear when things become 'unfun' for them. There's so much to do and I want it all done before the beginning of November when I prep and and fret over the coming holidays. I'd actually like to invite friends over to a Homie Thanksgiving (something my son Daryl does for his friends the weekend before Thanksgiving). Sometimes it's difficult for friends to get together for some fun during holidays because they are so busy with family, and then there are those friends who are far from their families or have nothing to do and would appreciate being included in some holiday cheer. But that plan depends upon the progress of Operation Get The Crap Out.

The house phone became lost yesterday and was found in a locked bedroom, awaiting the occupant to return. So when calls came in I listened as callers left messages and wondered if they thought I was ignoring them. And, coincidentally, my cell phone ran away from home but returned late last evening when the car it hitch-hiked in came back to the house. It was as if the Universe was playing defense for me, blocking interruptions in the work. I only wish those "coincidences" would occur while formulating, then I'd be a much better and more prolific perfumer.

Since I began working with The Perfume Magazine, I have been inundated with perfume samples, most all-natural, but here and there a not-so-natural makes it through. It doesn't bother me at all. I rather like the new niche perfumes that are circulating. It seems that since the natural craze took off, more and more interesting and avante garde perfumes are being created by that miniscule 3% of the market. It's kind of a revelation (maybe not to YOU) that 97% of perfume 'out there' isn't really that great.

Well, I have loads and loads more to do and I'm just procrastinating here, rambling on random thoughts. Just know I'm thinking about you. I wish you well and prosperous in these difficult times.

In the time of your life, live -- so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite variety and mystery of it.

The Time of Your Life, William Saroyan

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:46 PM

    Lovely thoughts to finish on, Justine, but I had to laugh whilst recognising the "missing things" aspect of family life.

    Items are definitely growing legs and walking around here - no-one can account for them no longer being where they were last seen and we all swear blind that we didn't touch them. Ho hum.

    take care and look after yourself,

    cheerio, Anna in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts