I was going to write a long post about how things are turning around, both personally and professionally, when I became distracted by Semrush -- apparently someone out there is questioning my 100,000 hits claim -- did you find what you were looking for six times? Perhaps I can put your mind at ease. Do I believe I have 100,000 legitimate hits that have come to my blog because people wanted to read the content? No. I don't. I have been the victim of fishers and scammers and bots long enough to realize this blog ain't all that and a bag of musk pods. I also have the distinct advantage of knowing most of my regular readers by name or moniker and country of origin. If I suddenly receive 3000 hits in one day from Russia or India, I'm not jumping with glee thinking that suddenly this blog is a hit in Russia or India. Some glitch occurred. One which I am not as tech savvy as I'd like to be to figure out. Nor do I care. But apparently someone does. Feel better?

So I got a double shot of great news yesterday, both personally and professionally. We have someone willing to pay 'rent' to store items in the basement, nearly enough to offset rent, and a few job opportunities have arisen. Some freelance stuff that can become permanent and quite profitable at some point in the very near future. And some travel plans are in the works as well. Seems being an unattached single woman has its benefits.

Anyway, this isn't much of a perfume post. Sorry about that. Like I said, I got distracted. That happens a lot...

Comments

Popular Posts