Prepping for the Feast, and a Fair Bit of Banging of the Head on Hard Surfaces

Since completing the book, things have slowed down considerably in the production area of things. I must remember in the future to not plan a book's completion to coincide with American holidays. The house is a mess of platters and boxes of foodstuff that don't fit into cabinets or closets, so they're lying around awaiting their 'day'. I've still got to pack up and temporarily store the shop goods so sticky, picky visiting fingers don't help themselves. It's happened before. Not that I hold a grudge or anything. It's just that product count means something when a customer orders the last of an item and I discover it is nowhere to be found. That can get pretty tricky. Even though the book is done, it's not. I'd forgotten this bit. The formatting of the thing so it jibes with the publisher's template. I've been up early and late into the night trying to get this straightened out, nearly rubbing the skin off my face with frustration, and during the night last night I had an epiphany of sorts about the formatting, so I'm trying it out as I type this. Crossing all phalanges that it works.

I'm planning a bit of a blow out sale after Thanksgiving (26 November) so the new stuff has space to live for a while. Plus there are a few things in the production line, one nearly done, the other still being tweaked a bit here and there.  All in all, it's been a very slow production year for me. It's the fault of the book. When something takes up so much of your time, it's a miracle anything gets done at all.

*UPDATE! The formatting for the book is finished! What a nightmare. Now more waiting as the publisher checks it out, then I have to change some things in the print specs because as it is, a normally $35-$40 book is pricing in at about $90. Can't have that. So just a week or so more and it's go on Working the Bench II: A Practical Guide for the Apprentice Natural Perfumer. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts