Studio Progress

Geesh. There hasn't been a lot of time to work in the studio this past week. A variety of reasons from babysitting to general housekeeping have kept me out of there. At least I no longer look at the space with absolute dread in my heart, just a little confusion. Okay, maybe a lot of confusion. What I have noticed is that since I've carved space for the studio, the mess of business/work/perfumery stuff in my actual bedroom is really annoying me. To the point I cuss the mess. The original plan was to finish the studio and then get the stuff out of my room, but I'm not going to do that now. The room stuff is going into the studio today. I will deal with this in one big bite instead of wee nibbles. 



There is anxiety lying in wait with this plan. Once I finish this, I will go into the proposed studio space and stare -- for about two or three minutes wondering what in the aych-ee-double-ell I've gotten myself into -- and then I will dive in, or, rather, carefully shuffle in. When I talk about the plan to get the studio done up, I'm asked why I don't have help, and the simple answer is, I don't want it. Unless the help is there to really help, which in most cases it is not, I don't want another body in the space to bounce into. I'm bouncing off the walls, shelves, and boxes by myself just fine. One more person makes it a pinball machine. Pinball Perfumery, anyone?

Today, so far as I know, is a 'free' day. A day in which I'm not required to babysit, give rides wherever, entertain, or possibly even cook. These days seem to be the only days I can function as a studio fixer upper without the stress of being stopped mid-fixing upping, and these days are as rare as solid purple peacocks. 







Comments

Popular Posts