Studio Update 2018

I'd say this job will take at least another 48 hours -- as in 48 total hours, not two days -- to finish up. The more I crack open, the more space I require to store things. So far I've found little, if anything, that I'm going to get rid of except for the few things here and there that were straight up junk. My son went in behind me and checked the empty boxes that are piling up on his side of the garage now and found some 10 ml graduated cylinders and a couple of blending cups that I overlooked. That's what happens when you work without your glasses on to see stuff up close and can't see the clear glass things at the bottom of a big box.

So some jarring news came through yesterday that Laurie Erickson of Sonoma Scent Studio is getting out of the artisan perfume business. She's been a staple in the artisan perfume community since the early 2000's, and I know I'm going to miss perusing her online perfume aisles. A few years back I bought a few of her pieces to gift to the scent whores in my life, and they were more than well-received. My youngest son has a bottle of an amber perfume from SSS that was discontinued some time ago, and he hoards every precious drop while at the same time wearing it as his signature scent. I know Laurie's decision to set aside perfumery is weighing heavy on her heart, and I wish her the best of luck in the future, whatever it may hold.

Well, back to the studio.

Comments

Popular Posts