The Newly Reborn 'Oh, True Apothecary!'

It has been a year since I wrote here. I thought I could let go of the responsibility of writing a blog about my favorite subjects (natural perfume and incense and fragrant food), but during the entire year off, I felt a void growing in my creative life, and in my heart. I thought perhaps I could write on my Facebook business page, or my personal page, but found myself having quite a bit of stage fright on that platform. Too many bad characters over there in FB-land -- and censorship.

I'm here again. Maybe to stay this time. And I've got a year's worth of venting locked up inside.

Buckle up! It's going to be a bumpy, fragrant, joyful, snark-filled ride!

First, I wanted to announce that one of my highly motivated Natural Perfume Academy graduates has won the very first New Luxury Awards in Paris for his 100% natural perfume. Congratulations to Andrej Babicky of Italy for his passion and love for natural perfume (and incense)!


Andrej has become quite the master of enfleurage and spends a lot of time creating his own materials for perfume. He is also studying the art of incense. The scent arts are deeply ingrained in him and I see him doing greater things in the future. I am so proud of him and his accomplishments.

Second, I'm so happy to be back!

I've begun creating videos for my FB page and for the Academy website. I'm not a professional speaker and have a difficult time not expressing my true self in the videos -- I'm rarely dead serious, always amused, and often leading myself astray. I am getting better at it, though, and use cue cards to keep myself on track with the messages so that the information is relevant and interesting (at least I hope that's what I'm doing).

There's quite a bit of "doing" going on this year. Besides the videos, which I'm attempting to create with some regularity, I'm also traveling to teach. So far this year there is an all-day Kyphi class in El Cerrito, California at Velvet & SweetPea's Purrfumery (perfumer Laurie Stern's place), on April 18th 2020.



And then later in the year, somewhere around September or October, me and a spiritual triumvirate are planning a two-day mini-symposium on the central California coast. The subjects? Aromatics, tea and the Universe. That's about all I know at the moment as we are still working on speakers (I'm going to be one), workshops and events for the mini-sym. I will keep you updated on the event here.

Lots of great evaluations are coming up as well. I "discovered" this lovely Italian supplier, Marco Billi, who sells the most gorgeous small batch distillations and raw materials, some things I've never even heard of before come through Marco's magical hands.

Until next time.




Comments

Popular Posts