Rose Floral Wax

 Last year sometime in mid-summer or early fall, I purchased a few ounces of the gorgeous Bulgarian rose damascene floral wax offered by Nature's Gift. It is deeply rosey, sweet, and heady, and best of all, it works beautifully in soap so that there was no doubt, even used at 2 ounces per 5lb batch, that there is real rose in every bar. 



A lot of this rose wax has been used, a few ounces here, a few ounces there, in soap, candles, and perfume solids. It really holds up and delivers the heart of rose, dripping with rich, "red" notes. (Damascena isn't red, it is a deep blush pink). My studio stock on this floral wax was running low, and Nature's Gift had sold out within a week of listing, which very nearly broke my heart because I knew I had to get my hands on more, so I went on the hunt and found another vendor selling rose floral wax, and I found it at Appalachian Valley Natural Products. 



Both of these rose waxes are similar in their beauty, with slight differences in scent profile. Nature's Gift's extraction is heady, slightly fruity, sweet, juicy, "red", full-bodied rose, while AVNP's extraction is all of that, plus deep and seductive musky, buttery, heavy notes. Both of these are going into a lush body butter/solid perfume cream today. I'm loading these butters up with both gorgeous rose waxes, a wee hint of oakmoss lying very low in the composition, and a splash of bergamot to brighten it all up. 



Sometimes you just have to let the materials shine.

Comments

Popular Posts