Sunday Funday

Sunday is no day of rest for me. It is a day of work, work that I enjoy immensely. I finally have a day off from kid watching, so I'm going to make good use of it, beginning with writing graduation letters to three students, and emails with said letters attached along with a certificate from the NPA sent off to those students. Then a 12 o'clock Zoom meeting with a Brazilian class of blossoming natural perfumers, then later it's packaging orders and wrapping up a custom order using camphor oil in varying dilution ratios and in varying menstruum. While kid watching, these chores would be spread out over three or four days, but while the cats are away, this mouse is going hard. 

I purchased a centrifuge late last year and busted it out for some playtime fun. It's an amazing gadget and I can't wait until I have some serious work to use it with. Three new tinctures are in the works; yuzu peel, Madagascar vanilla bean, and home processed cocoa nib tinctures. 

The studio is an absolute shambles -- again. I clean it spic and span twice a year and slowly watch over time and projects as it devolves into the den of the maddest of scientists, papers and books piled high, boxes of lab equipment and glassware creating a narrow hoarder's path from point A to point B. It is, once again, out of control. It is high time for one of its two yearly scrub downs. 

Alchemist's Display, Rosicrucian Museum, San Jose, CA



Comments

Popular Posts