Awakening

The hyacinths are popping up. I noticed their little green nubs a couple of days ago when I went into the garden with the chickens to grub hunt. I still have a few days left to trim the heritage rose (damascene) out front before pruning time passes me by. Normally, these pre-preparations would be done sooner, but, y'know, it's been a zombie winter, and stepping outside -- hell, moving from one spot to another inside -- has involved great mental effort that I just do not have -- or didn't have until just recently. I have been reading a lot of fiction interspersed with spiritual writings of late. I have probably read more books since last July than in the previous five years. All the finished books will either be sent off to reading relatives or into the book trading boxes positioned throughout the neighborhood. Funny bit of synchronicity yesterday -- one of the grands and I made a trip to the post office (to ship course certificates! yay!) and she requested a stop at the park on our way home. But first, we were planning a book buying spree at a local-ish book store and found it closed for the day, so off to the park we went, where, 'lo and behold, was a book box with two books I was actually going to buy from the book store! 

There is a lot to do around here since things have been let go for so long. Tomorrow we begin work on the studio putting things back in their places and making room for new goods to be created. Time to get going.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts