Incense Class May '22

The class on Saturday was great. A bit windy in the little outdoor classroom, but that didn't deter the folks who showed up. Everyone had a good time, lots of laughs, and some teaching. It was a very laid-back atmosphere, and everyone was enthusiastic to learn how to make their own incense. We made cones out of a handful of pre-powdered materials that came straight off the farm, from my garden, and also wild-harvested goods from the nearby mountains. No two students made the same incense, which was great to see them infuse their personalities into their work. We even did an intention meditation to give our incense a purpose. Some of the students went for rustic forest scents, while others created divinely floral and delicate incense. What I learned from this experience is that I need a better plan for these classes. A timeline template and more information, but it was an intro class and evolved into more of a sewing circle-type vibe with everybody chatting and generally having a good time. Next time, I'll bring out the big guns. 

I have been itching to write again, something about incense maybe, so I bought a writing program (finally) and will be able to submit professionally laid out work instead of the Word to PDF crap I've been doing. I think I'm also going to use this format to write the booklets for the in-person classes I'm going to be teaching and have them pressed specifically for these classes. A basic incense book, a basic Kyphi book, a basic soap book, and a basic perfumery book, as something that the students can reference over and over again. 



Comments

Popular Posts