Perfume and Gardening

This is the time of the year when I am preoccupied with gardening, which, in my mind, goes hand-in-hand with perfumery. This is the first spring in a few years that I've had any energy or focus to work on the garden, and I'm taking no hostages. Normally, I 'get permission' from the other people with whom I share this house to do this or that in the yards, but I'm not doing that this year. I'm planting what I want -- what I've always wanted -- despite what they say (and they haven't said much). Basically, I'm done being an inconvenience with my 'wacky ways' and I'm just not giving a sh*t anymore. Doing what I want from now on. So there. 

I've been going to a lot of estate sales lately. I put things on a mental wish list and almost always at the next estate sale I go to, the wish is fulfilled. I wanted a water jet tooth brush thingy, and found one still in the box, unopened, still wrapped in plastic, for $4. I wanted a new printer, and found one that was in excellent condition with a few more functions than my current printer, that sells for between $300 and $600 refurbished online, and paid $17 for it. At almost every estate sale, I pick up jars for the wall of incense materials, and those weird circa 1980s clay jars with cork lids that have inscriptions that say 'Belly Button Lint', 'Toenail Clippings', or 'Ashes of Problem Students' because they sell for less than $3, and they're perfect for long-term storage of finished incense, particularly Kyphi. So far I haven't found one with lint, clippings, or ashes inside ~ ha! I'm am the poster child for reduce, reuse, recycle. However, when I go to these sales, I'm ever aware of WHY it is happening and pay homage to the person or person's who are deceased or displaced. It can sometimes be overwhelmingly sad, so I don't make a habit of lingering too long in their homes.

I've been working with a friend on classes -- I've probably already posted this here -- and we've come up with our class schedule for 2024. For more information, go to www.essentialoilapothecary.com and go to 'classes'. 




Comments

Popular Posts