PEEP Show

Yesterday marks the first time since June that I've made soap. It would have been on August 21, but I effed that up royally. The menstruum used was/is post-extraction enfleurage pomade of lilacs, and the first batch I attempted to make had too much alcohol left in and seized a few moments after I added the lye water solution. I rebatched it, which I loathe doing because it's never as good as I want it to be, and ended up with a four cups of liquid soap, and two gooey soap balls. So yesterday, after taking a block of PEEP out of the freezer and evaporating off the alcohol using a crock pot set on low for a few hours, I filtered the PEEP repeatedly to remove the wee buglets, and hand stirred for 20 minutes before using the stick blender after adding the lye water, poured the soap into a mold and tucked it away in a warming box, I finally met with success. Plain white single oil PEEP with almost no scent at all laundry soap. I couldn't be happier with how beautifully it turned out. Once my fair trade shea butter arrives, I'm back in the soap biz again. Woot! 

I feel like I went completely dormant over the summer. I didn't make much and had little desire to do so. Covid didn't help any. I felt like I was dying, then came the perpetual exhaustion and loss of my sense of smell, then more exhaustion, and then when I felt like popping up and taking on the world again, the first project, that PEEP soap, went disastrously and I lost confidence. It's only been since the weather turned cooler that I've felt my old self again. I finally got the APWs wrapped up during those cooler days, as well as the perfume concentrates for the autumnal solids, and a couple of craft projects finished, but in terms of holiday offerings, I am way behind. 

It's back to work for me, y'all.





Comments

Popular Posts