Catch Up Time

There is so much to do with the spring being sprung. I'm planting a lot of edible, medicinal, and distillable plants around the house, particularly in the itty, wee front garden. I'm growing onions in raised bags in the front, along with roses and jasmine sambac, some ranunculas for a splash of color, and lettuces here and there. Today, after a bit of weeding, I'll be planting a pineapple sage, a white sage, and oregano, as well as a chocolate mint that survived my neglect. I had a strawberry mint from the farmer's market that didn't get water in time and is dead. I went back to the farmer's market yesterday to see if they had more, and they didn't, but I did pick up a nice, healthy oregano plant. There is basil, chamomile, chives, thyme, parsley, and more oregano in the back, as well as tomatoes, peppers, squashes and watermelon. Oh, and our resident blackberries and grapes. We're going to grow cucumbers in our sun screen covered old chicken coop (the chickens are long gone now). The size of our yards are laughably small, but we manage to haul in quite a lot year after year. 

Slowly, the studio is getting back into shape. A lot of soap has been made the past few weeks, and selling as quickly as I make them. One batch recently made its debut on Etsy and was completely gone after 5 minutes. I guess people want soap. Once the studio is done and arranged in a workable way, much more will be coming out of it -- like a long-planned Mother's Day body oil and soap combo, and loads of experiments. Since all of the incense materials are inside on shelves, there will be a lot more room in the studio for storage and a functional re-design of the layout. In fact, writing about it is encouraging me to get out there and get it done! But, the front yard awaits. 

The incense book is still in the works, as are podcast scripts, course additions, live class outlines, and a thousand other things. The headspace is much better now, and my organizational skills have greatly improved. Onward and upward.




Comments

Popular Posts