Holiday Soaps on the Way

A soap is born, and another (and another) is on the way. The first batch is kind of nuts with elemi, vanilla oleoresin, tea CO2, galbanum, spices, and dark patchouli. It's a contradictory combination that shouldn't work but does. I used micas to color it because it was based on a drawing I found on the kitchen counter that my older granddaughter drew. I posted it here a couple of days ago, the weird acorn eye in a frame. The entire soap, from the scenting elements to the color scheme, came from that drawing -- The All-Seeing Side Eye. I'm pretty sure that I will never make it again as that is my way. The second batch is more, well, planned. The oils to create it were pulled weeks ago, but the blending and subsequent additions were entirely last minute. And it's more of a Yule/Christmas-themed soap than the other one. Also, another less intricately scented soap is on the way as well, lavender, patchouli, and spices. Most of the time, the simplest combinations end up being the best smelling. 


The All-Seeing Side Eye Soap (overflow mold)






Comments

Popular Posts