IF, Tamarack Ridge, Mountain Misery, Just Blah-Blah-Blah

So I've been working the intermittent fasting thing, not as a form of self-abnegation . . . or maybe . . . I don't know. Anyway, I've been doing it for health reasons as I really need to, but also to break a cycle of addiction to food. I'm trying really hard to separate food from the assortment of self-soothing activities that I've made into habits. I've never been a breakfast person, choosing to wait until lunch to break the fast, so that's never been a big issue -- no pancakes and cereal for me, thanks. My biggest challenge has been quitting the after-hours chowing, and the 'oh, I feel like a heap of crap, where're the chocolates?' mentality. No worries, I've left myself a big, fat window to meet the nutritional needs, plus I supplement and make a point to eat fresh stuff. I've lost a little weight as well, which is a big bonus. And I'm managing my time more wisely, which may help to explain why I've been spending so much of it in the studio making a bigger mess of it, and re-igniting the lurv of this craft. 

Right now I have the new incense, Tamarack Ridge, and a rare incense material, Mountain Misery, up on the Etsy site. Tamarack Ridge spent some quality time under the moon last night, and then earlier in the day with the sudden wind. I'm hoping some of this energy translates into this incense. It's really quite nice.

Spent most of the day yesterday in the garden amending the soil with our homemade compost, and eggshells and poo from our little chickadees (who eat organic feed and weeds from our organic garden). The son has taken an interest and even used his soil test kit to tell us what above-ground box was best for every plant we've begun from seed. We also moved the potting bench from a very inconvenient spot in the garden to one better suited for the work. And finally, I'm getting my poppies and datura going this year. All previous efforts to grow them were not met with approval from the dog and kid people, but this year, since neither the dogs nor the kids spend any measurable time in the garden, the poppies and datura have the green light. 




Comments

Popular Posts