Kyphi

So I posted that whole bit I wrote yesterday about things passing me by and people taking ideas and running with them (remember, folks, ideas can't be copyrighted) on Facebook, and it got waaaaaay more attention than I expected. Uncomfortable attention, really. I mean, it wasn't meant as a whole, oh, woe is me (I?) thing, just observational stuff and maybe a little self ass-kicking too. What came of it was succinctly noted by KG, who basically said not all of our ideas are ours, like, we have them and share them, but we never intended to do anything with them, or maybe don't have the time or patience to actually do anything with them. That's closer to my stance on this. Yes, it can be irritating seeing someone (usually younger and full of fire) doing really well with something I put together once a million years ago, but at the same time, I wasn't doing anything with it anyway, and the odds are they improved on the idea beyond what I put out there in the first place. The whole thing kind of made me want to retreat a bit, though. Again. Eek.

Kyphi. It's on the menu for this week. I've been getting a lot of requests, and I'm ready for the work, to be honest. I think I'm done soaping for a month or so until I can get the current soap listings sold off, but it's incense I'm missing now, so 'tis the season of grinding (again). The problem is that I haven't cleaned the studio since the xmas season and it is a flippin' mess, and I hate -- abhor -- despise -- working in a mess. Once the mess has been cleared, I can start pulling out the resin bins and find what I need to get this Kyphi going. Now the question would be, which one should I make? Edfu (Greek), or Ebers (Ancient Egyptian)? Maybe both? Simultaneously? I can do that.

One of the bonuses that come with acceptance into the Natural Perfume Academy is a full Kyphi course that includes the spiritual applications of the work and how important it is. I'm going to read through the course again before I embark on this Kyphi adventure. It always inspires me, especially seeing the photographs that the students submit of their finished work. 

Anyway, off to Kyphi.




Comments

  1. I love your ideas. They have real integrity to them. . . . . lol ...& i'm not tryna be obsequious, but

    I _am_ tryna practice this whole "compassion for humanity" thing . . . and

    it can be so exhausting , lol . :)

    People with a genuine, non-performative bit of bitterness are so refreshing.

    I just . . . . . . . . . . . .
    have faith in it, and it makes me happy... the healthy bitterness, and the larger non-synthetic-ness, I mean.

    Participation in the natural world, &cherishing...
    is bitter-joyful, and is vital nutrition-- on a spiritual level.

    I think my truest calling is to be a farmer. Organic,/,/,/ regenerative ,/,/ "biodynamic" ,,, etc. ..., but the natural incense/ perfume is simultaneously, critically important to my life's work.

    Not only is it magical-- in a real way, & so much deeper/ connected to history &/ The World than all this Postmodern Popmusik Chaos Theory (which I'm totally steeped in, lol... and gives me fascination and pain... such is life as a late-vintage millenial, hah, eh) but I believe it is truly, fundamentally kind. Compassionate.

    & I may engage in some recreational misanthropy, but
    I do believe in compassion. ... For The World----- And The People.

    Plus, anyway... nihilism is quite impractical, and coercion is fundamentally unsustainable, &/
    bad for true economy, which correlates to the actual health of living systems and is not profit-based. ....

    Ramble ramble, lol.... I am excited for your kyphi-ing. It makes me smile in my heart to know you are out there doing it. :)

    <3,
    Dav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love reading your 'ramblings', Dav. They make me feel hopeful. I appreciate that you take the time to do it, and I love being an audience to your 'figuring things out' mode. You give me a lot to think about :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts