Seeking Balance

Writing voluminous content for the Advanced Workshops is exhausting. I've been working on them for a couple of years, off more than on, and now it's crunch time and I'm finding I want to hurry it up and just get it down, but I'm forcing myself to stop doing that and really take the time to explain the how-tos in detail. I'm pooped. What's making it even more difficult is that I write a few paragraphs and within those paragraphs find more to explain and instruct on -- whole new sections of the workshops are being created this way, like a big word snowball gathering more words, more ideas, more thoughts, more, more, more. Pooped, I tell ya. And there is so much more to work on. 

Every so often I break from the writing to work in the studio, prove my theories or create something that the writing inspired. I've got this weird little coffee flower, osmanthus, honeysuckle extract thing going that started in early December that's giving me problems. I just added some bottoms and tops to it during one of those breaks, and it's beginning to smell like an actual perfume now, but we're not quite there yet. Ugh. 

What makes this worse is that nothing stops around here. I'm still the primary caregiver, child care worker, housekeeper, dog and cat sitter-feeder-brusher, laundress, chef, and chauffeur. Don't let anyone tell you that multigenerational family living is the way to go, especially if your generation is the one carrying the entire burden. 

This is not what balance looks like, folks. 



Comments

Popular Posts