APWs

Okay, I think I'm over the trauma response ~ ha! Back in the land of the less manic -- for now. 

Taxes are due, so that will keep me busy and away from the aromatics for a few days, but there are a host of ideas brewing for which supplies are being purchased. I've got a smashing idea for wee Halloween coffrets, a two-fer set consisting of a 5 ml solid and 5 ml liquid (alcohol) that are not exactly the same but blend beautifully. This is a fully developed idea, and I am holding off giving away everything here until I get them to market. Then you can 'steal' the idea. 

I've also got nearly the entire month of August earmarked for creating video content for the new APWs (Advanced Perfumers Workshops @ NPA) -- and, yes, this time I'm really going to do it. I wrote all of the content for the APWs, and now I've got other eyes on it to help sort out where those videos should go. I love collaborations that make my work easier as right now, after writing content for this off and on for almost three years, I'm a bit burnt out. 

The NPA has had another upgrade and it runs more smoothly than ever before. So we've got CPD certification, a whole new look, a new course finally being officially unveiled, and soon to have another 'certifying' organization to add to our growing list. 

I spent the better part of the morning grading assignments, and I have to say that the longer I do this teacher gig, the more I enjoy seeing how our students grow from day one to just over halfway through the course. This is about the time they start to 'get' it. Wait until they get into those APWs, they're going to think they hit the info lottery! 

On the garden front, the vegetable garden is doing well in this consistently over 100-degree heat, but so far the tuberose is struggling. I think it's because my gardener is flower blind. I often have to go out and water after watering. That's where I'm headed now. I have to have that tuberose to create videos for the APWs. 

Gardener, perfumer, homemaker, babysitter, therapist, bookkeeper, writer, crazy person -- it's hard to keep all of my personalities straight :)




Comments

Popular Posts