Fuzzy Ylang-Ylang

This will teach me to use anecdotal material to teach. Years ago when I first started with natural perfumery, I discovered that a couple of bottles of ylang-ylang oil that were stored in the refrigerator became cloudy and almost jelly-like. They came from either Eden Botanicals or White Lotus Aromatics as those were the only two reliable sources for me at the time. I asked around to my perfumery peers if they were having the same thing happen with their ylang-ylang, and a few of them did, so I took that as a definite 'ylang-ylang gels or clouds in the cold'. Well, now I can't get any of my samples to gel, but they did leak a lot! So it isn't common, it was just those particular bottles, and I'm going to assume, which, if I'm being honest, I shouldn't, that my peers also sourced from the same places. I proceeded to do a bit of research and came up empty-handed on the ylang-ylang gellification process. Strike anecdotal information down. If yours gels or clouds, let me know. 



Comments

Popular Posts