Stinky Slippers

I finally hit 1000 words on DabbleWriter to qualify for the $20 discount for full membership, then I transferred all the stuff I'd done on Word to the Dabble outline and I now have 12,881 words. And that's all just outline. I still have no clue how much they want to charge for this program, so I may end up dropping it and going back to Scrivener, as difficult as book-building is there. 

One of my APW students is a chemist who is now diving deep into perfume chemistry of the natural sort and is working out a natural fixative that works better than what we have available to us now. I can't wait to see what he discovers. 

I woke this morning in the middle of a weird dream (more on that in a second) by one of our arsehole cats plucking at the closed door trying to get in. She's never done this before, so I got up anticipating a hungry starved cat and what I got was a hi, hello, how ya doin' cat, that, honestly, I wanted to push down the stairs, but instead cuddled with for the remaining 15 minutes before the official alarm went off. But that dream -- I haven't had a weird dream like this in a long, long time. I was with Jeanne Rose and we were hanging out at a public pool in San Francisco. It was dark, and it seemed like everybody there wanted a piece of her, coming up to get autographs and talk about herbs or aromatherapy, and she seemed super annoyed by it all. There was a point during the dream when she scolded me for wearing stinky slippers to the pool, and I could actually, in my sleep, smell those slippers. 

Going back to the basics of NP, I've found that the most remarkable scents are those that are simple. But it all starts with beautiful raw materials. It doesn't work with standardized essential oils or poorly distilled materials. It always begins with fantastic quality. 

That is all for now.


Comments

Popular Posts