Faces

I haven't decorated for Halloween because as I look around my house, I realize that it is always decorated for Halloween. I have crow art, skull paintings, and little wall plaques that have things like "Drink Up, Witches!" written on them. I have a hand collection on my mantle, along with an image of Bast amongst my mother's cat statue collection. And faces in the foyer. Animal faces, green man faces, angel faces. There are always eyes watching. 






I suppose it informs visitors of what they are walking into when they pass through the Hall of Faces into my lair. 

I have been inundated with orders since making the shop closing announcement. And, of course, I've already been asked to extend the date by one day. I've got 'short-timers disease' bad, wishing that the closing date was done and gone already. 

My five-year contract with Koscky Publishing in Brazil ends next year, which means -- well, I'm not sure. It either ends the contract and the publisher keeps all monies tied to the Portuguese perfumery book that I wrote, or we renew? I don't know. Sales have slowed way down this year, which is no surprise. Brazil is facing inflation and political upheavals and a silly and expensive book about natural perfumery is the least of their worries. 

I think I have two books left in me; one on incense, and the other on perfumery. Maybe more, but I hesitate to commit as I'm terrible at it. I'd better get started.

Comments

Popular Posts