Taking A Load Off

Typical autumn weather here in the central valley is manic-depressive. It is going to be 90 today, as it's been since roughly mid-September, give or take 8 or 9 degrees, but tomorrow, it's going to be 70. It will remain in the 70s for the foreseeable (10 days) future and dip into the 60s during those 10 days as well. I know that's not cold, and, in fact, if I could get away with setting the AC at 68 in the summer, I'd be a happy camper all year long. It's just that this is how it goes here during season changes, one day you're wearing flip-flops and shorts, and the next day a sweater with shoes and socks. It works in the reverse come summer. 

I have been working on this custom thing for a colleague and after a couple of months, I've finally got it done. Again, fear kept me from proceeding until I had worked out all of the kinks. This is enjoyable work as well. I've also taken on a small wholesale account for soap that should start sometime in December. Again, this kind of work is easier for me to do right now. The orders aren't enormous, the scent selection is in the hands of the customer, and all I have to do is make and ship. The shipping part isn't thrilling, but it's only once a month, so I can handle that. I think.

One of the benefits of quitting retail temporarily, especially during this time of the year, is that I get to sit back and look at what my peers are doing. Silver Willow Aromatics, for example, is putting up some interesting incense soon on their website, www.silverwillowherbs.com, called the Winter Rose Collection. They also have some nice hydrosols, room sprays, herb mixes, balms, perfume oils, jewelry, incense, and candles. 



Comments

Popular Posts