Brazil Bound

Well, this is it. The final post while standing on California dirt (until I return). The next post should be from Sao Paulo or Belo Horizonte. The nerves are kicking in. It's been a while since I spent time on an airplane, and never for such a long stretch as this. One of the first things I do when I get off a plane, or step out of the airport, or a car or bus or train, is smell the air. I did it a couple of years back when I went to New Orleans. I will remember that scent for as long as I live. I'm hoping for something just as pleasant to hit me when I reach Brazil. It's the scent of a place that is burned into my memory, making it more real than if I hadn't marked it that way. Recalling the scent helps recall the events, the people, the buildings and streets, even the sounds.

I can't wait.




Comments

  1. Thank you, Marian. I arrived very late, two days after the original scheduled time. But I am here now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts