Perfumaria Botanica ~ Crane, Walsh, Barbosa, Laszlo, Koscky

Today is the day of my presentation. Obviously it had to be postponed because of the travel snafu. I'm really nervous but mostly because I'm afraid I'll forget what I'm supposed to say and will end up giving most of the presentation with a paper (the presentation) in my hand.

Yesterday was my day of rest, but of course, I didn't. I went to the conference to see what it was all about, and I'm here to tell you that it was/is one of the most professional and welcoming conferences I've ever attended. Of course, I've never been to an aromatherapy conference, but I've been to a few women's conferences and they've all tended to be loud and crowded with pushy attendees trampling one another for the free stuff, and the booths headed by someone akin to a carnie, "Step right up folks! Let me talk you into buying something you do not need!" The people running these booths waited for attendees to approach and then were helpful but not forceful. Might have been the nature of both the booths and the crowd.

I finally got to meet my co-tutor and former student, Ane Walsh, after 10 years of emails. She is a gem and a star and an all around wonderful human being and I'm so honored to have been given the opportunity to look upon her face in the flesh. She, along with Cecilia Barbosa translated and edited both of my perfumery books into one, Camilla Koscky created the gorgeous artwork, and Fabian Laszlo not only filled the book with beautiful perfumery photos, he also published it. A lot of other people had a hand in making this one of the most beautiful books that I have ever seen, and I'm not just saying that. And if that weren't enough, Laszlo also offers an essential oil kit with 20 essential oils, a custom packet of scent strips, and a dropper. You won't believe what is in these kits. Rose damascene, jasmine sambac, neroli, oakmoss, as well as lavender, grapefruit, orange, ylang-ylang, ho wood, vetiver, patchouli, cistus, benzoin, frankincense, petitgrain, bourbon geranium, lemongrass, coriander, bergamot, and ginger. Top notch oils, all of them.




Because this is two books in one, there are two chapter 5's, the first one is printed on yellow tinted paper, and the second on white. The edges of the book are also gold. It is one of the most beautiful books I've ever seen, inside and out. A work of art.




Comments

  1. This just looks fantastic Justine, congratulations Perfume Queen. You have earned your crown!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts