Laszlo Essential Oils & The Market

Yesterday was spent at Laszlo's offices in Belo Horizonte sniffing the specialty Brazilian oils and some imports. What. An. Experience. The Brazilian grown and distilled/extracted oils are fine, fine, fine! Hey, my essential oil selling friends, why aren't you getting in on this? Brazilian clove oil is -- well, it's fantastic! Not sharp or medicinal, but smooth and lush and . . . just stunning. There's an oil called whaler's grass or whaler's weed (can't remember exactly, but it's whaler's something) that is out of this world. Even the imports Laszlo sources are top drawer. I smelled so many different wonderful essential oils that I got a little high! Then we went to the market.

I will post pictures of the market later. They're all on my phone and right now it is not cooperating with the hotel wifi. My little laptop takes crap pictures but it works well with the hotel wifi. Figures, right?

The market was amazing. The scents there -- whoo! Jackfruit, little guava things, yellow and bright and so tart smelling! There were hot sauce and spice booths everywhere -- big bins full of chocolate habaneros and wee bright red and orange peppers. It was a bit overwhelming, but oh, so lovely.

More later!

Comments

  1. Erva baleeira, Varronia verbenacea L., sin. de Cordia verbenacea L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, Justine. It is whaler´s weed: erva-baleeira. For me ir smells like fish, like codfish. Unfortunetely, I could not stay for your workshop. I bought the online access, but I have to wait until Jnuary to see it. Thank you for coming to Brazil. Ks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts