Pre-Order Customized Perfume Poppets

I'm setting up a pre-order for the perfumed poppets as I don't want to make a bunch of them and have them wither away on Etsy or the new website. I'd much rather make them more customized, you tell me you want one, I make one for you. Simple as that. If you need it before the holidays because it's a gift, I can't make any guarantees, especially with custom work, but if your goal is simply to have one, then get one.

Just to clear a few things up, these aren't voodoo dolls or hoodoo vessels or anything like that. They are a medium for scent. What you do with your perfumed poppet after receiving it is entirely up to you as I won't be providing straight pins or wee nooses to guide you down the left hand path (ha!). Each poppet is hand cut from unbleached muslin (without a pattern, I might add, so no two are even remotely the same) and then dyed in organically grown plant dyes. Right now the only color I have is purple which I make using black hollyhock blossoms. I do have some marigold, but it hasn't dried yet and I haven't attempted to dye cloth with it ever. I would think that the brighter colors would be reserved for a brighter time of the year, like spring or summer. Dark colors for fall and winter, like this purple. Basically, right now, it's purple or nothing. I can paint bitty faces if that is your preference, if not, let me know.

I have been harvesting all the goodies from my own wee garden this entire year and have a fair stash of bee balm, peppermint and spearmint, and then an entire storage full of things harvested elsewhere -- white sage, blue sage, rose buds/petals, and resins from afar, waxes and oils and other lovely things to help create your smelly little dolly. Each dolly will have a core of scent and then the skins stuffed with herbs and resins and a face painted with aromatic ink. No doll will be more than four or five inches tall, but each doll is guaranteed to be beautifully aromatic for months, if not years.

You may order (send me an email at nnapatutor@gmail.com, or hit me up on messenger) after December 2nd, I will send you a PayPal invoice (you don't need to have an account to pay this way, just a credit or bank card), and I will begin work on your poppet as soon as I receive payment.

Fat Poppet ~ $35.00
Short Poppet ~ $25.00

I will finish a perfumed poppet in the coming weeks and post it here as soon as it is done.

Comments

Popular Posts