Frangipani Floral Wax

 Frangipani is one of those exotic and coveted raw materials that repeatedly let me down. There are small samples of the absolute in the organ here, and none of them knock my socks off. If you've read this blog long enough, you'll note that I felt this way about tuberose for several years as well, until I received a superb sample of it and went completely ga-ga over it. So as I waited for years and collected samples of frangipani absolute from various suppliers, I continued to be disappointed. I will make a note that I did also have a few tins of frangipani floral wax as well, and same-same, nothing to write about there either. Until recently. EOApothecare comes to the rescue again with a really lovely frangipani floral wax that is sweet and fruity, with notes reminiscent of pink lotus, and something very close to chocolate. Chocolate adjacent. In a word, candy. A squidgy, squishy, chunk of fragrant floral caramel. 





Comments

Popular Posts