Repackaging

I haven't yet begun creating goods for the shop, but I have been sorting and putting things into better containers, namely, floral waxes. There are a lot of floral waxes in biodegradable packaging that have become unmanageable in their original packaging. My preferred packaging option is glass, so I've started packaging the floral waxes, and other small, gooey perfumery items, in squatty glass jars with cork tops. The more I dig around the chest of drawers holding most of my raw materials, the more I realize I need to stop adding to them. Earlier on in my natural perfumery journey, a perfumery friend said she hadn't purchased anything new in years because she had bought everything she could afford at the beginning of her journey, and I felt envious because I didn't think I'd ever get there. I'm at that point now. And it's not a feeling of, oh, look, I have alllll of this stuff! It's more a feeling of, where the hell am I going to put THAT now?! I'm out of space. 

Now that I've been messing around with the materials for solids, I'm solidifying (no pun intended) the ideas for the seasonal perfumes. I'm excited and anxious about it. Oh, and I have 98% of my sense of smell back, so the time is nigh.



Comments

Popular Posts