Sunflower EDP/Perfume

It's time to get to work, I guess. I've got several pounds of post-extraction lilac pomade made with certified sustainable palm oil that needs to be made into soap loaves. Still not feeling 100% percent, but time waits for no one and there is a lot of stuff to do in the next couple of months. The ideas for those upcoming goods have gelled and it's time to get cracking. 

I realized how traumatized I was over my bout with the virus earlier this month when I felt a bit of soreness in the back of my throat when swallowing the other day and kind of sat there a moment with tears welling in my eyes. Super big pity party there thinking I was in for round two of this newest nasty iteration of the bug. I literally thought, "Kill me now," because I just couldn't imagine going through it again. But it was a false alarm. It made me realize how very thin that survival thread is these days and how I have to be more diligent with situations that are within my control. 

What has been happening, because it takes so little effort, are photo ads of products and services The Scented Djinn provides. I just wrapped up a photo shoot for Sunflower perfume and the photos are on their way to PhotoShop for a makeover. I think this perfume is one of my better pieces of work, and the weird thing is, I've only sold one bottle. It may be because it was initially designated an 'eau de toilette', and believe me, I HATE utilizing these grades with natural perfumery because they just don't fit. The percentage of raw materials to alcohol in Sunflower would give it a designation of an eau de toilette if it were synthetic (I suppose), but, as we all know, naturals don't work like that, and instead, this eau is actually at a scent-strength of a perfume. The materials used in Sunflower are also different in that they represent how one might imagine (one being me) a sunflower to smell rather than how they actually smell. Some sunflowers have an herbally scent, and others have little to no scent at all. So I did a hybrid of what they smell like (herbal/green) with what I had imagined they should smell like, and ended up with something quite surprising. 

Here are the listed materials from the Etsy post:
"[The] materials used to create this scent include chrysanthemum, calendula, Roman chamomile, lantana, violet leaf, petitgrain sur fleur neroli, tuberose, orange blossom, bitter orange, yuzu, bergamot, damask rose, vanilla, pink pepper, Siberian rhododendron, patchouli absolute, musk root absolute, aloeswood, vetiver, bourbon oakwood barrel extract, and mitti attar." What's not to like about this? The scent "is sunshine and dry grass, flowers, and fruit and summer gardens. Floral, bright, dry-grassy, slightly fruity, warm, sweet, and rustic." I actually wear this perfume more often than any of the other current perfumes in the shop because I'm intrigued by it. It is such an odd little character. My hope is that the ad will pique someone else's interest and they take the chance to invest in it. 





Comments

Popular Posts