Throwing Eggs

Covid is a bitch. I was able to get back on my feet mid-week last week, but everything I do knocks the hell out of me. Just doing the bare minimum of cleaning up sends me back to the recliner or the bed for the rest of the day. I thought maybe I was jinxing myself by thinking, oh, boy, if I do this, it's going to kick my arse, but I intentionally psyched myself up NOT to think that way, and it didn't work. I know it's only been a week, but I can't remember any other illness recovery taking so long, not even pneumonia. My sense of smell is still hit and miss. I'm continuing with the olfactory exercises, which seem to go well, but I'm still smelling things through the glass. I know it's there, but I'm getting almost nothin'. 

There is one more event to attend before school starts for the year, and then I'm back to my work. Everything is lined up and ready, it's just getting to a point where there's nothing else happening for long stretches of time throughout the day so they can get done. Yes, that's part of the procrastination process, but also I've decided to stop doing things half-ass, and in order to do that, everybody who lives in this house has to be on the same page or someone's head is going to roll (hint: it won't be mine). Between the vacation from my home life and covid making me feel for a day and a half that I was going to die for real this time, I've decided the rest of these slackers can eff the eff off. Yep. Why is it that the grown-ass people here act like they need their butts wiped more than the actual children living here? And being the doormat that I WAS, I accommodated that behavior. When I was sick in bed, flat on my back for five days straight, none of those jerks bothered to see how I was doing. Do you know who took care of me? An 11-year-old. She came in with water and soup and juice and tapped on the door to make sure I was still alive or texted me that she loved me and was worried. The whole scene brought into focus what I'm dealing with here, and I'm done. Instead of walking on eggshells so as not to disturb the jerks, I'm going to start throwing the eggs. 











Comments

Popular Posts