Autumnal Soaps

It is another soap day. Even though it is still hotter than the molten depths of Hades here, fall is in the air, if not on the shelves at the Dollar Tree, and I'm feeling autumnal. Every year around this time, I plan for my annual Witch's Tea. Not so this, nor last year. It's been depressing and sad not to have the Tea as it was a highlight of a few folks' season, as well as mine. So we adjust, as we've all been doing these last couple of years, and find other, equally fulfilling affairs, and for me, it is making batch after batch of wicked good soap. In honor of the lost Witch's Tea party, the soap being made today is called, unoriginally, Witch's Tea, and features notes of vanilla (vanilla infusion/vanilla oleoresin/vanilla absolute), patchouli (a given), black pepper, pink pepper, cinnamon, clove bud, cardamom, ginger, green tea, jasmine sambac, and mandarin. A kind of orangey sweet chai with heady floral notes. 

I am also toying with the idea of making a batch of soap featuring ammoniacum. Ammoniacum isn't everyone's cup of tea, and to some, it is downright disgusting (perhaps as much as neem oil), but the magical applications of ammoniacum, the way it invites certain spirits to the table, is unparalleled. Again, it is just an idea and may come to nothing. Like I said, not everyone's cup of tea all the way around, and possibly a bit out of my depth. Or not. My depth becomes depthier as the minutes pass by. Backburner work, for sure.

Soaps, soaps, and more soaps. Buckle up, it's going to be a bubbly ride. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts