Green Perfume

The creation in green, the one I've dreamed about for years, finally, has come to fruition. One green note that was inadvertently left off the green notes flower blog a week or so past was cilantro. Cilantro is one of my very favorite green notes. Years ago, I made a sweet cilantro eau de toilette called Khamsa. It was a huge hit, and ever since the last bottle was sold off, I've been encouraged to create more, but my habit of leaving done things in the dust, always moving toward new, unexplored combinations often wrecks me. The small handful of dedicated customers who fell in love with Khamsa have disappeared in the years since I stopped making it, which says to me that she was really as special as they often told me she was, and I wasn't listening. 

This new green perfume includes cilantro. It creates a piquant, leafy, ethereal, high-tension green note that hangs in the air over the rest of the composition like a glittery green cloud. Then the other green notes emerge -- galbanum, olive, petitgrain, neroli, lime, slightly tempered with a lush, full-bodied rose floral note, a few spice notes, and loads of enhancing notes of the citrus variety. I have yet to dilute it, so I don't know how it will evolve set free from the bonds of heavier molecules, but I can imagine it -- the rose will be more present, the greenness will be shinier (if that's possible), piercing, fresh, and if it isn't, I will make it so. 

Somehow, through multiple evaluations, a drop got on the tip of my braid which sits curled over my left breast, and every so often, I catch a whiff of this intoxicating greenness and it makes me anxious to share it. 

It will wait a few more days, spinning in a vortex on the magnetic stirrer, before I split the formulation in two, one for oil, one for alcohol, and then tweak them in the bottle so they both represent the spicy, penetrating greenness that I crave.


 

Comments

Popular Posts