Breathing

Recently, I realized that I hold my breath a lot. When I'm really stressed, which is almost all of the time now, I find myself becoming woozy and light-headed and have to take deep, cleansing breaths to get right again. My mother said that when I was a baby, I would hold my breath literally until I passed out. It scared her so much that she took me to a doctor and he told her to ignore me, just let me pass out, so she did and within a few weeks, I stopped doing it. 

I find that I hold my breath when I'm working on writing projects or when I'm setting up listings on my sales site, sometimes when I'm cooking and I'm in a bad mood, or when listening to someone talk about how upset they are with whatever is going on in their life. I take it in, the sadness, the angst, the anger, and hold it there until I start seeing stars and everything else around them goes black. It happens a lot when I'm out in crowds like shopping or the post office, when people get too close are behave rudely. 

Maybe this is why I love incense and perfume, they have me by the heart because they demand that I breathe. 



Comments

Popular Posts