Stars & Moon Handmade Soap

One of the latest projects being worked on is a mock-up of soap I saw years and years ago, maybe 20 years or more, called Moon and Stars or Stars and Moon, or Sun and Moon . . . something in one of these combinations, that was two-toned. One side was bright yellow and smelled of, I think, tagetes, and the other half was dark blue and smelled of German chamomile. It was a gorgeous soap. I cannot remember who made it, but I think they have long since gone. A friend, Laura, also gone in the most serious sense of the word, made her own version of this soap, and this is the one I actually used. It. Was. Gorgeous! Both visually and by scent. This is similar to what I'm working on. Instead of tagetes, I'm going to use a beautiful vintage lemongrass oil, and I'm juxtaposing it against real German chamomile essential oil. Micas are on their way to provide the dense yellow and blue of this soap. Or I might just make perfume accords for each part. Regardless, it's a project that I've waited years to work on, so I'm striking while the iron is hot (that means, while I still have the creative energy to do so). 

At the time, when I initially fell in love with this soap, I heard a rumor that it was actually developed by Jeanne Rose, the Grande Dame of all things aromatherapy and perfume, particularly for this soap maker (who I cannot for the life of me remember), but as I said, it was just a rumor and I was never able to verify it. 

I haven't a clue what to name it, as I will not be using any of the sun, moon, stars combinations at all. Maybe something else celestial, like Neptune & Venus? Help me out here. 




Comments

Popular Posts