Pandemic Theater

A few more hoops left to jump with the school stuff. What is it 'they' say? Good things come from hoops jumping and red tape? Yeah? No? 

Last week someone cloned my credit/debit card and bought themselves a few rides with Lyft. Not a big deal, it can all be remedied, but if this has ever happened to you, you know what comes next. The cancellation of the card. It might not seem like much for most people, but I like to keep my life as simple and uncomplicated as I can, hence, that card, the cloned one, was the only card I possessed. No credit card debt for me, thank you. The replacement card, given 10 days to arrive has not, so it's off to the bank, a place I rarely step into, to get some cash. 

Who uses cash anymore? You should see how people at the registers look at me when I produce cash instead of conveniently inserting the chip. At any rate, it makes trips to the post office to ship orders an even bigger hassle than usual. Instead of using the automated kiosk (card only, thank you), I have to wait in line with everyone else for what seems like decades. The masked, the maskless, the anxious, the worried, the shuffling with boredom, the impatient sighers, the grumpy old men who want 20 dozen rolls of stamps, the moms with screaming toddlers. 

There are only a few things that truly bother me as I wait in that line as I am generally a chill person, and the main one is if some attention-seeking butt gets up on their soapbox because now they have a semi-captive audience, and loudly, from the belly, go on about idiots wearing or not wearing masks and stupid governors and what is wrong with the country and what they would do if they were in charge of fixing it. These are the folks who use the line and not the kiosk. They're intelligent enough to speak with authority *cough* about science, medicine, and religion, but they cannot manage to follow directions on a kiosk screen because 'psht! Technology!', which starts a whole new speech about AI and Jeff Bezos and Tesla, and whatever other spacey techy stuff that has raised their ire. There are droves of these folks on a rotating schedule, with rarely more than two in the room at one time, all of them intent on giving their state of the union address whether you want to hear it or not. 

Having said all of that, I'm on my way to the post office for some postage and a show. 





Comments

  1. Lol. I snickered over this for a solid ten minutes and my mom was giving me the side-eye from across the room.

    Good reminder to not be opinionated in public. "C'est un surplus du..." bad hot takes. lol

    Hope you get to enjoy some scorpio-ish weather :)

    Dav



    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts