Natural Perfume Academy Official Education Certification

The Natural Perfume Academy is acquiring real certification as an art school. This means our graduates are no longer receiving just certificates of completion, but legitimate diplomas from us backed by an educational certifying body, the same service that certifies some of  Oxford and Cambridge Universities' courses. We worked hard for this, jumped through hoops, had our course inspected and approved, and shook off the things that didn't serve us in the ways we needed in order to grow. Since this past June, the courses have been updated and improved, new translations have been created, and more work has been done than previously anticipated on the Advanced Perfumers Workshops. We also added an entirely new assignment platform that makes grading easier, and we've implemented a minimum GPA for graduating students. Graduating from the courses is no longer based on just the final perfume submission, but is based on overall participation, performance on assignments, and student understanding of course content. While we've done so much to improve the courses and achieve official education certification, the process has given us further ideas to implement to create a better course curriculum for our students' benefit. We are adding, in addition to new perfumery course content, a separate enfleurage course, a perfumers maths course, and an aromatherapy course, all taught by their developers, two former graduates of the NPA, and a certified aromatherapist with decades of experience. 

New perfumes are finally up on the Etsy site. Viridescent, the green perfume, and Olive, the black cat perfume. I have a difficult time marketing my goods after they are up and on their way. My eye is always moving on to the next project. 

Personal Incense for My Patron


Comments

  1. This is really cool! Always the hoop-jumping for bureaucratic creds, lol... I'm taking a bit of an extended break from that for now. So I can take it by storm. When I'm ready. That's my excuse, but anyway-- I am very impressed! Def want to take some actual classes from y'all sometime when I'm feeling less poor and more pragmatic... eh, lol :).

    Unrelated, but I've been really interested in orris and roses lately, as things that can be well grown where I live, and could be very enthusiastic about aged root and petal production, but like.... Do you think either would be worth bothering to distill on a not-massive scale? Because, like, concentrated floral gold is something I want in my life without always having to pay The Empire for, & I hunger, lol. :)

    Anyway, I love your blog, thanks.
    Dav

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts