Post Office Blues

Update on the post office trip: Wasn't bad at all. Except for the tussle at the box drop when someone put a big box in and it got stuck. I'm pretty sure the lady who did that squashed the box in half in order to get it all the way through. Won't the recipient be in for a surprise, eh? But honestly, there has got to be a better way. I'm looking into using Sendle. I will report back here about whether it's a go or not. 

The Natural Perfume Academy, my other, other incarnation, is having a quiz giveaway that began yesterday. If you want in on it, you gotta go to Facebook-land and enter to win on the Natural Perfume Academy page. The prizes are fabulous! Three apothecary-style bottles filled with floral concretes, tuberose, jasmine sambac, and jasmine grandiflorum. Totally worth the price of admission. 

The time has come to get up off of my duff and get some goods made. I shall open the big book of aromatic wonders (my perfume journal) to see who next will be incarnated. Soon, the witchy perfumes will be phased out and new ones will be created to replace them. More incense needs to be done. I am going to attempt to make a finely powdered incense for trails. The herb grinder is good, and it is powerful, but even at that, it takes a while to get woods, like sandalwood, to powder. Another type of incense I'd like to try my hand at is that chopped salad stuff, whole, unpowdered pieces of roots, twigs, leaves, petals, and resins. Something appropriate for the dark months of the year. Oh, and soap too. I'm out of soap. 



Comments

Popular Posts