On Alcohol and Olive


Now that the initial shock of what has recently happened has worn off, I'm left feeling angry, sad, and mostly betrayed. I cannot say what has happened -- I may never be able to say what happened. This mood is coloring everything I do right now, but instead of pouring that anger and sadness and betrayal into the work, I'm focusing on rising above, being better, doing better, creating at a higher standard, both in writing and in art. The legal stuff will sort itself out, the truth will be revealed, but not by me. 

A new project has begun, another that is born in the mind and swirled about for months before 'becoming'. A new black cat perfume called Olive, which, ironically (am I using this correctly . . .?) contains not a drop of olive anything. It is made up of cocoa, vanilla, a variety of patchoulis, and just a smidge of cloves and nutmeg. Super simple, but so decadent, and somewhat belying its ingredients, a bit animalic. How does this relate to the Black Cat series? It is sweet, spicy, furry, with just a touch of petrichor; the scent of a night wandering black cat. 

As usual, the work on the Advanced Perfumers Workshops continue, with the same issues arising -- the more I write, the more I feel needs to be written. I feel as if I'm chasing my tail here! Although, it will be as comprehensive as possible given all the questions that emerge, and one in particular that I think might be of interest here -- which of the many types of perfumer's alcohol, grape, wheat, corn, and cane, are the best for tincturing fresh florals? I have done some research on this, and have found some answers. The real question is, who would have thought that the type of alcohol would make so much of a difference? 





Comments

Popular Posts