Harvest Days

I'm off to the farm early today for two reasons, 1) it's going to be HOT! So I want to get the work done as early as possible before the heat sets in, and 2) I have to pick up the granddaughter from school in the afternoon. That leaves me with about 7 hours in at the farm, so a lot is going to be going on. I'm setting up the distillation unit to do a co-distill of white sage and blue sage flowering tops, and I'm making soap. I have to. It's the only thing I have time or space to make for the Etsy shop. Perfumery, incense, and skincare other than soap will have to wait for another day. I'm also harvesting the lavender, and whatever else needs harvesting. I don't know if there will be enough lavender for a distillation as we are going to use most of it in decorative bundles and for making tea. Oh, and peaches. I've got to harvest peaches and make more jams and jellys. It's going to be a busy day for sure.

Comments

Popular Posts