Whirlwinds of Scent

Production at the apothecary has slowed a little. After Saturday's soap session, nothing much has been going on in the studio, however, there are dozens of projects written in the book. It is time to get back to it if I'm to get any of this done -- the goal is to create, create, create, and hopefully be 100% ready for the fall / winter holidays, which also allows the work to age a little. I just received a small order from a business called African Spices based out of Houston, TX, and I have to tell you, their Zanzibar organically grown and certified clove buds are out of this world gorgeous. I side-by-side tested them against the cloves I have from a big herb company here on the west coast, and the quality far surpasses what I've used in the past. This place also sells spectacular vanilla pods for tincturing and infusing or using chopped up in incense. Like I mentioned, the quality of the goods from this company is top, top drawer. 

One of the reasons I've slowed production a bit is because the soap was made per a customer request, and when I let them know it was done, they backed out of the purchase. They had a valid reason for doing so, and I never get petty or angry at them for it anyway, but it can be a bit deflating. It feels ever so slightly dismissive and that isn't a great feeling, but I realize the feeling is entirely reactionary and not reflective of reality. Insecure much? At any rate, the soap is up for sale now and it's pretty darned good if I do say so myself, having bathed with it last night and going to sleep with the scent lingering heavily on my skin.

We were to soft launch the Tapputi Belatekallim Society this month, but it has taken eight months to get all of the paperwork signed by the board members who live all over the world -- postal services the world over are absolutely ridiculous, much like everything else that goes up in cost and goes down in quality. We had thought we could do it digitally, but, no, that's not how it works, apparently. We've finally got the last trustee's signature, so soon we will be an official non-profit and begin our work on the rules and whatnot, which includes what constitutes 'natural perfume', working toward sustainability, and preservation of perfumery plants, and launching an awards program exclusive to naturals. 

I think today I will begin working on The Ram incense. And a fruit-based incense too. The ideas, they swirl in my ADHD brain like whirlwinds of scent.





Comments

Popular Posts