Artemisia, Sweet Artemisia


I loves, loves, loves me some Artemisia Natural Perfumes! Lisa Fong of Artemisia NP has created the most ambrosial perfumes I've ever had the pleasure of drenching myself in. I also love my friends who so graciously send me little samples of some of their most favored stinky goodies. Without them pointing me in the direction of these beautific scent designers, I wouldn't have a blog to write!


Saffron Eau de Parfum - this eau de parfum has a surprisingly lovely character. It starts out all citrusy and bright, then quickly, and I do mean quickly, fades to a warm, slumbering sandalwood. Sandalwood and 'aged patchouli' and Himalayan cedarwood make for a balmy, sexy, sultry dry down. There is still a thin sheen of citrus, blood orange, to be precise, but it isn't nearly as overpowering as the initial dip. All together these elements produce a lush mosaic of olfactory brilliance.

Lavender & Clove Eau de Parfum - okay, so I'm not a huge fan of the lavender, and I'm not a huge fan of the clove, so why is it then that I find this eau de parfum so totally captivating? It has an almost cloying, candy-like feel to it, as if it wants to be food and sedation, but has changed its mind at the last moment. Layers of spice blanket heavy florals without the herbaceous slap typical of most lavender perfumes. This is made with lavender absolute, which is indisputably different than lavender essential oil, which, in turn, makes this eau de parfum perfect.

http://www.artemisiaperfume.com

Comments

Popular Posts