Aromatherapy

A long-time customer recently asked me if what I was doing now was aromatherapy.

I had to answer no.

What I know about aromatherapy, without cracking my volumes of books on the subject, could fit neatly into a thimble. Well, maybe I exaggerate just a bit. I have studied aromatherapy, but it has never held my attention for very long. There was just something about its medicinal applications that didn't appeal to my sense of beauty.

Aromatherapists as Perfumers

Aromatherapists appear to show a lighter, hesitant hand. That's not to say their creations aren't beautiful, because most of them undoubtedly are. It's just that there seems to be a hint of caution in the formulations made by aromatherapists; a line in the imaginary sand of essence they toe but do not dare cross.

So while the perfumes and eau de toilettes presented by some aromatherapists seem (to me) to be repressed and quiet, they still have the ability to elicit the same emotional fever that stronger, louder perfumes do.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:25 AM

    hello, I see i'm on your favorite music list(patrick contreras) along with zambra. Please send your e-mail to violinonfire@yahoo.com so I can keep you updated with gigs.
    smell well
    Patrick Contreras

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts