Pink Lotus Kyphi

The newest kyphi incarnation, the batch made with pink lotus wax, tuberose concrete, and persimmon is nearly done. There is a lot of wax in this kyphi, making it burn a bit more smokey, but the scent is ethereal and divine. I added a bit of bee cappings with all the lovely stuck on honey and royal jelly. It smells of warm skin and sugar syrup. I'm upping the price as well since I undercut myself on the kyphi offerings. I am asked all the time why I sell my kyphi so inexpensively and my answer is usually because I feel that it is an offering of sorts, something magical and divine, something otherworldly, and a price cannot be fixed on divinity. But, I'm in business and my time and efforts are worth cash, to put it bluntly. And my kyphi gets better and better with each batch and the lessons learned from each batch. There is a science to ratios of resin to spice and dried fruit to the whole and types of alcohol used to extract scent from various parts of the kyphi.

Half-pound Pink Lotus Kyphi globes "fermenting"

The list of ingredients for Pink Lotus Kyphi is:

Frankincense
Myrrh
Ambrette seed
Persimmon
Sweet Moscato wine
Gin
Honey
Pink Lotus wax
Dragon's blood
Opoponax
Orris
Black sage
Sumatra benzoin
Tuberose concrete
Nutmeg
Bee cappings
Siam benzoin
Lemongrass
Whole red rose buds
Jasmine sambac absolute
Sandalwood
Spikenard
Cananga
Cinnamon
Love

Comments

  1. I've been waiting, watching and stalking your etsy for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're almost ready for packaging. Just a little while longer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts