108 and No AC

It's predicted to be 108 degrees Fahrenheit today, and I woke early this morning, 5 am, to heat that I learned was the result of a broken AC unit. Great. It's the capacitor or the contactor. The outside compressor thingey clicks but doesn't come on. Of course, we'll probably have to wait for an HVAC "professional" to fix it, which could be hours, or could be days. Either way, it's 6:15 am now and 83 degrees Fahrenheit in the house and rising, and I know these people, it's going to one miserable damned day.


Comments

  1. That happened to me last year, took the compressor with it. Cost $2,000 to replace the compressor... :(

    But my "renewed" old AC works like a champ now, and have to say I'm thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sat for three days without AC. Turned out to be a burnt wire. Took the HVAC repairman all of 15 minutes to fix it. Now we're cool, but I never want to sit in 107/108 degrees without AC again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts