What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been

Did you miss me? It seems like forever since I was here. I just got internet yesterday and hooked up the computer last night before bed. It is now sitting in its own little cubby just off the dining area, kind of out of the way but still in the middle of the 'action' around here.

What an ordeal this move has been. So many situations popped up out of the blue (and some not so out of the blue) that tested every patient bone in my body. Basically, anything that could go wrong, did, starting with the moving van being the wrong size and ending with a possible job termination. One of my two precious kitties got very nervous about all the moving around in the old place that he decided to hide out for four days. My daughter brought him home to me late Thursday night after she caught him rooting around in her garage. He was skinny and starved and so happy to see us. Everything in between all of that was absolute hell too. I can't even accurately express how badly things went, and I really don't want to revisit. There were moments during those two weeks that I seriously considered packing a bag and hitting the road as a vagabond perfumer. I'm only now, two weeks in the house, feeling a stirring of excitement for it. I am no where near done unpacking. In fact, the garage where we've stored everything for the time being is as full as it can be and still be maneuverable, and the house inside is an absolute mess. There are still boxes stacked in the dining room waiting to be unpacked. There are pieces of art leaning against walls, curtain rod boxes and loose books lying around. We've got a list of things that need to be addressed by the builder, such as the non-working dishwasher and a crack in a cabinet door. Other than that, the house is perfect. Now if I could just get someone to come finish unpacking and clean this monstrosity for me . . .




At least all of my shop wares are in one place instead of scattered willy-nilly throughout the garage, and there won't be any trolls crawling on and through them to find their lost box of treasures they're sure are underneath. Everything is finally and truly in one place.

Tomorrow the washer and dryer will be delivered, and let me tell you, I need them right now. With all the cleaning going on, I've got a nice stack of dirty house rags in dire need of a wash. Plus I'm running out of clothes!

Once I get things a bit more settled inside, I'm going to begin working on the shop. I promised to have the online shops open by October, and that I will do. It's going to be a little bit different from what I have been doing -- going more into what I was up to this time last year, before the first move. Skincare will be featured, along with gorgeous scented stuff. And then there's the new online perfume course that I am still working on. The teacher's manual is only three units shy of completion, and while I've been out of the game for the past two weeks, I've been burning the midnight oil writing, with a pen, all the things I want to research and add to the manual. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but as I've learned in the past, overwhelmed is my default setting, and it's the condition under which I operate best.

Comments

Popular Posts