Shop PSA & Rules for a Reluctant Traveler

Just a quick PSA about the Etsy shop and then the rambling commences.

The Etsy shop will close from 18th November through to the 2nd of December. Should you have a burning desire to order something and cannot wait for the shop to reopen, please hustle on over and get it now. Once I return, I will be removing some things from the listings and adding a couple of new things. Always with the new things. I have a little time to finish up the perfumed poppets I have already cut and dyed, the rest will have to wait until my return. Also those new pots de crème will go up -- lovely cocoa/basil core with loads of rose and jasmine, deep orris root wax and sweet cucumbery violet leaf wax (and more, of course). These little pots will be a bit pricier than the first set (that sold out yesterday) because they are twice the size and will hold much more costly and rare ingredients.

My mind has been intensely focused on the trip to Brasil and perfecting my meditation practices. The meditations help with organizing for the trip, which is great because I'm nervously scattered these past few weeks. I haven't any idea how large this crowd is, or how well received the presentation will be considering it is given in English with a translator in tow. The largest crowd I've ever spoken to at one time was maybe 20 people. There could be hundreds in the auditorium. I know once I begin, it will snowball and they may have to use the hook to get me off the stage -- it's the beginnings I dread most. I have a lot of sympathy for the poor translator because he or she has their work cut out for them.

Have you traveled recently to places like Brasil? Africa? Indonesia? There are rules about things like what to wear, what to eat or drink, what is a safe number of vaccinations to get before going, what vaccines are mandatory, etc. I think the most daunting part of this entire trip is the list of DON'T's given to me by the organization that provided my yellow fever vaccination. Like keeping my eyes and mouth closed while showering, brushing my teeth with bottled water, getting food from street vendors who have the longest lines (faster turnover, less time for flies to do their duty), wear tons of mosquito repellent, prepare the contents of my suitcase prior to packing by spraying the ever loving hell out of them with permethrin. They put the fear of mosquitos into my brain so deeply it's competing with my fear of public speaking! Yow, what a mess.

But I'm ready. Excited, even. I will begin blogging on the trip as soon as I am able to. In the meantime, I fret.



Comments

Popular Posts