In the Days of Grace

Wow. A lot has happened since I last posted here. I've been itching to write something about it, but social media platforms seem too public.

I'm doing well as a quarantined individual. I am lucky and blessed to be where I am, both physically and mentally. I think I'm over the hump of depression that so many of us have experienced, or are still experiencing. I'm so sorry about that. If you hang on a little longer, you'll come out the other side well and strong -- it's either a portal or a hole, right? (I read that somewhere, some Native American story or article that's going around). I choose to think of it as a portal, even if later down the line I become ill and end up hospitalized, I will still embrace the portal. By the end, nothing will be the same. We cannot go back to our destructive and careless ways. And we really need to start caring more about each other. That's the most important lesson we all need to learn.

The online classes at the Natural Perfume Academy are full and bustling, for that I am grateful. That takes up a good part of my day, interacting with students and researching for content. The students are really diving in and coming up with some great answers to their assignments. Being in a state of lockdown does have some benefits. I'm also taking the time to organize and arrange things. My middle son convinced me I needed to write another perfumery book. I've got a couple of good editors waiting for work, so I just might do that, write more. The last WTB book has been edited by one editor and is on its way to another for more work, so soon a new revised and edited version of WTBII will be available. I'm also considering lowering the price a bit to make it more accessible.

So, how have you been? What are you finding most difficult with the lockdown? Are you even in a lockdown? What do you miss most? What don't you miss at all? Tell me what you've been up to. We can talk about it. Commiserate and then celebrate what we have.

The bottom line here is, take care of yourself. Don't beat yourself up, none of this is your fault. Do whatever you can to walk through the portal and sidestep that hole with everything you've got. Reach out. Stay connected. And I'm going to sound like a looney tune here, but meditate! Every. Single. Day! Go in there and talk to your dead. Go in there and create something, then come back and make it in real life. You can sort out a lot of what's going on in your head through meditation.


Comments

Popular Posts