Bags and Tosses

Bagged this book, 'The Toilet of Flora' off Ebay. Perfect, perfect, perfect condition -- almost like a brand new book. Published in 1939, it's a reprint of an older edition dated 1779. It's one of those books where the 's' is written as an 'f'. Reading it makes my brain feel like it has a speech impediment. Juicy brain fodder anyway. The book seller is 'The First Edition, too' in Moran, MI. The owner, Mary Carney, sells a lot of old books in great condition. Check her out on ebay.

Tossed (will toss) my online business for the better part of 2008 - alas, it shall return bigger and better, I promise.

Bagged an edition of Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin by Steffan Arctander for -- get this -- $85!!! Brand spanking new, hot off the press, and obviously listed at the wrong price on Amazon. These babies go for $349 through the publisher; can't find the reprinted editions at Amazon anymore, just the first editions that start at a shocking $800! As much as I'd like to recommend this to student perfumers, I cannot. I may have in the past, but I take it back now. It's cost prohibitive for a newbie. Buy everything else first, then when you're about two years in, buy Arctander. Or borrow it from a library.

Tossed my naivete about the integrity of some of the suppliers I've heralded out the door. If it looks like a skunk, smells like a skunk, and bats its monochrome tail like a skunk, then it's probably a skunk. Or a compound. 'Nuff said.

Bagged an edition of 'Une Vie au Service du Parfum' by Edmond Roudnitska. It's in French. I can't read French. Yet.

So that's it. For now.

Comments

Popular Posts