Introspection

I've been feeling extraordinarily introspective lately. It happens to me every year when the nights are longer and colder. I've also been using more aromatics. I've been switching back and forth between Littleflowers' Orange Blossom Decollette balm, and her gorgeous Blue Fir balm for after bath; blending Serj and Oshiba on my wrists, and smearing L's Cocoa Basil solid parfum on the backs of my hands.

More distressing news about aromatics ~ Tony Burfield recently updated his essential oil adulteration article ~ it's a pdf file. Worth the read, but nothing new new. It's just hard to see it in print -- again. I had been thinking for a long time now about traditional attars. Attars are typically co-distillations of sandalwood with other aromatics, and it's always kind of bothered me that with the rarity of real Indian sandalwood oil, and specifically the rarity of Mysore, attars seem to be pouring out of India unhindered by the crisis.

NNAPA is back in session today from winter break; most of the students have their eval kits at the ready and are waiting to begin the long process of studying their 90+ aromatics. So, I guess I'd better go.

Comments

Popular Posts