I Used to Have a Vocabulary

Years ago, before I had kids --no, that's not entirely true, I did have kids, just not so many of them -- I actually wrote well, got paid for it once in a while. I was a "published writer" having written pieces for several fiction magazines, my college journal, the local newspaper. Somewhere along the road, the intellectual portion of my brain took an extended nap. All I know with any surety is that my article writing skills are in dire need of a good old-fashioned back alley ass kicking. Sometimes my brain returns and grinds out something remarkable, other times it staggers about like a 23-year-old tequila swigging trust fund baby.

Tequila. Mmmmmm . . .

Right now my brain is being stupid.

Have you heard of the new blog site called Tumblr? I actually thought -- no, my inebriated brain thought, "Hey! You can start a new blog here! *burp*" while my still cognitive brain (there is a little piece of it that manages to remain reasonable) said, "WTF?!" And that was it. That's all it said. Because it knows what a ridiculous notion it is to attempt yet another blog. I have two, plus LPR, which I'm trying to keep above water, so taking on another writing project is . . . just . . .

Not possible.

Formulating solids for the fall. Viridian Grotto and Divinity of Blue Lotus are coming back, with a twist. Won't say anything else about them until the twist is finalized.

Until then . . .

Something.


Comments

  1. Anonymous8:13 AM

    step away from the back-alley ass-kicking queue - if you didn't have a vocabulary, what have I just been reading? It looks like you've done a shed-load of work and been busy, busy, busy, so tell the ass-kickers to kick someone else. You deserve a pat on the back *and* here it is! (Can you feel it? Great, eh?)

    Take care, and be good to yourself,

    cheerio, Anna in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna ~ I appreciate the support. I can feel it and it is great ~ ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts